Knowledge is Food for the Brain: Take a Bite

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Changes in Reading

The change for reading is I'll be giving students a weekly reading score using multiple assessments. The students will have five things to complete for me. Each part will be worth 20 points, which will add up to be 100 total points possible. These assessments are taken from the activities that they normally complete during reading stations:
*Picture Dictionary
*Graphic Organizer (Skill)
*Fresh Read passage/5 question quiz
*Summary
*Look Back and Write

Each week the activities will change to fit the story and the skill. I started this on Monday. The kids are enjoying it. They are relieved not to have to take the selection test for a grade. I'm going to give them the selection test this week just to compare student's results in comparison to the station grade. I will share my results on Oct. 19th at "A Day in the Life of a Fourth Grader". Please come with any questions you might have. I look forward to seeing you.

Monday folders were late this week due to gutting out my classroom. My husband and I worked very late for two nights in a row to cut down the built in cubbies in my classroom. There are a few more papers that I will be sending home with you children on Friday. All grades will be cut off on Friday for this first report card.

Have a enjoyable fall break.

Sincerely,
Theresa Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment